VCPI Seeks Summer 2021 NVU Remote Intern
By Alex Lehning | May 3, 2021 | Uncategorized
The Vermont Cooperative for Practice Improvement & Innovation at Northern Vermont University is a nonprofit, mission/membership-driven organization, focused on sustaining meaningful impacts and fostering positive outcomes across the system of care. Founded in 2013, we are a statewide leader in professional/workforce development, coaching & consulting, and thought-leadership in mental health.
VCPI is seeking a Programs & Development Coordinator for a summer internship position, to provide support for organizational development, program/training coordination, and external communications.
Responsibilities include basic administrative tasks, as well as the following:
– Collaborating with the Technology & Operations Manager to create content for the Learning Management System (Canvas)
– Collaborating with the Executive Director to create content for fundraising & social media communications
– Assisting with research, outreach, and database management for Co-Op membership & training/programs
– Providing production support for VCPI’s social media, blog, and podcast
– Collecting and compiling data to be used for grant writing and reporting as well as advocacy efforts, including feedback from stakeholders
– Creating and leading an original digital service-learning project or advocacy campaign in mental health
Candidates should have good communication skills (design skills are a plus), an eye for detail, respect for confidentiality, genuine curiosity, comfort with technology/media tools, and a passion for positive community engagement. A background in psychology, counseling, health & human services, and/or non-profit management is helpful, but not required. Scheduling will be based on the candidate’s availability: approximately 15 hours per week from May 24 – August 23, 2021. Some night or weekend work may be required. In accordance with public health guidance, this position is fully remote. Candidates must have reliable, personal access to internet service and a Windows or Macintosh computer.
VCPI is able to offer a $1500 stipend for this position, along with (online) training in Mental Health First Aid and CPR/First Aid. Academic credit is available by arrangement.